So What Exactly is Yoni Mapping ?
In our culture, many women are disconnected from their whole pelvic region – mostly due to trauma of some kind, and/or shame.
Trauma, often expressed in the body as tension and experienced by a woman as pain or numbness, can arise from something as simple as having sex without being aroused enough, to something as complex as a difficult birth or sexual abuse/violation.
Underneath the glossy, modern sexual landscape we live in, many of us struggle to understand ourselves as sexual beings. It is rare to meet a woman who truly KNOWS her vagina well.
Massaging and mapping internally allows a woman to meet her yoni. To discover her own creative power source, this part that has often only been experienced as problematic or bothersome (periods), or ‘for’ the purpose of another’s pleasure, or for procreation.
We don’t receive adequate education about our own basic anatomy and sexuality. In fact, we are often given the wrong information – which leaves us confused and unclear.
That’s why having an experienced practitioner gently guide you through an area that may be wildly unfamiliar can be a total revelation.
Internal mapping can give a woman the capacity to answer questions like:
Where do I disconnect from feeling?
Where is there pain and numbness?
Is that area still tender from the operation?
What areas feel nice?
What feels relaxing and peaceful?
How is my pelvic floor?
Is there much tension in there?
What does my cervix feel like?
Where is my A-spot anyway?
Because Yoni Mapping sessions involve whole body massage, it can give a woman the felt experience that her Yoni is connected to the rest of her body – which often inspires a deeper sense of wholeness.
After receiving this kind of session, women often come away with a sense of clarity about what they want in their lives – and what is no longer acceptable.
This could mean being more discerning about who we allow to enter our bodies.
Or desiring to treat our bodies better.
Choosing to have longer foreplay because it feels amazing.
Or taking more time to self-pleasure and explore with curiosity.
Carving out more time for self care practices.
Or taking the leap with that big project.
What are the benefits of Yoni Mapping?
Physical Benefits :
· Relaxing pelvic tension and helping to relieve pain
· Restoring awareness to areas of numbness internally
· Supporting muscle engagement and balance
· Healing from an operation in the pelvic / abdominal area (scar tissue remediation)
· Supporting pelvic organ balance & alignment
What if it’s more of an emotional thing?
· Having a respectful experience of your body after sexual trauma from past experiences of abuse / violation
· Addressing shame or guilt in relation to sex / your vagina
· Desiring to feel more connected to the Yoni / pelvis
· Moving towards healing emotionally from an operation / abortion / miscarriage
· Exploring a desire to be touched without a goal
· Creating space for old emotions related to past experiences
Maybe it’s about S-E-X?
· Letting go of painful or uncomfortable sex
· Navigating through libido challenges
· Opening to different ways to explore orgasm with a partner
· Releasing old habits of self pleasuring that aren’t serving you (ie. Only using a vibrator to reach orgasm)
· Finding out what’s possible in terms of pleasure beyond the clitoris
· You’re excited to learn more about your pleasure potential
· You’re wanting to feel more confident in your body
Or maybe you’d like to go deeper with self-care and self-nurturing?
· Exploring another level of self-care and self-nurturing
· Learning specific practices for pelvic wellness
· Creating a more loving connection with your Yoni
· Feeling clearer in your body awareness and boundaries
Or you just want to learn some stuff in an experiential way?
· Getting to know your way around this part of your body
· Just feeling curious to learn more and discover more about the vagina
· Having an embodied experience of all the sensations in your pelvic space
Maybe you’re transitioning into a certain life phase?
· Support in the transition to menopause
· Support in your fertility journey
· Ending a long term relationship and rediscovering your body again
Have you recently had a baby?
· Reconnecting to the vagina and pelvis when things feel different after birth
· Scar tissue remediation for episiotomy / C-section / natural tearing
· Feeling held and acknowledged in your birth experience
· Making friends with your vagina again if the birth didn’t go as planned
· Supporting emotional and physical healing after a difficult birth
Or maybe you’re pregnant?
· Preparing your body for birth physically – relaxing, creating space
· Working specifically with internal areas that will support birth
· Learning tools to take home for preparing your pelvis for birth
· Letting go of old emotional tension / stories before birth
Why is this type of therapy necessary? Does it really need to be internal?
There many benefits of internal therapeutic pelvic massage – which is now becoming more popular in many different fields. Osteopaths, physiotherapists and pelvic floor specialists do internal massage for pelvic health and alignment.
Just as with general massage, there are many benefits of receiving internal massage:
· Access to ligaments that can only be touched from the inside
· Release of muscle tension that traditional external massage cannot get to
· Restoration of pelvic organ alignment and balance thus supporting a woman’s pelvic wellness
· Relaxing of pelvic floor muscles allowing effective engagement
· Shifting patterns of ‘compensation’ where specific parts are overworking due to ineffective engagement or held tension in other areas
Ultimately, Yoni Mapping an empowering embodied experience that can help you feel who you are on a deeper level.
It’s about coming home to yourself.
And Why Devotional Erotic Dance ?
Devotional Erotic Dance is a feminine pathway to Exquisite Embodiment, Sacred Surrender & Full- Blown Pleasure…..
When was the last time you felt truly alive?
Or experienced pleasure coursing through every inch of you? Or felt fully embodied & expressed as a woman?
For many women, the answer is: I can’t remember.
There are so many reasons why this might be the case... Perhaps you were taught to shut down that side of yourself during childhood. Maybe you’ve been so busy being a mum that you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be you. Perhaps you went through a bad breakup, or put on a few unwanted kilos, or had the confidence knocked out of you, or simply just let your to-do list take over your life...
Regardless of the reason, the end result is the same: You don’t feel like you any more.
This realisation — that you’ve lost touch with your own essence — can be startling. To protect yourself, something inside of you begins to close off and shut down. You start to feel detached; a stranger in your own life. Getting through each day becomes a marathon of endurance, and you find yourself reaching for wine, food — anything — at the end of the day, just to remind yourself that it is possible to feel something... even if only for a minute.
And as for feeling sexy?
Ha. That seems like a lifetime ago. You’ve almost forgotten what it feels like. You might have even found yourself wondering if ‘this is it’ — if you’ve missed your shot; if the well has ‘dried up’; if you should simply leave the sensual side of life to those who are younger, or freer, or more adventurous... maybe it’s just not your truth anymore? Maybe you’re not capable of it?
If you’ve had any of these thoughts, I want to assure you:
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
YOU ARE NOT BROKEN.
AND YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN FEEL SEXY AGAIN.
In fact, you can feel sexier than you’ve ever felt before... ever.
So What is Devotional Erotic Dance Like?
The Short Answer :
The Long Answer :
This unique style of dance is a synthesis of more than ten years of study and practice in traditional yoga, meditation, left and right hand tantra, frontier science, as well as elements from a diverse range of dance traditions – from belly dance to Sufi whirling, Indian temple dance to Eastern trance dances, Japanese Butoh to ecstatic dance and many (many!) in between.
Through this practice you can expect to transform your relationship with...
- Your Body
- Your Sexuality
- Your Partner/ Your Future Partner
The truth is, immense pleasure and deep presence are already available to every one of us.
No matter who you are, it’s possible to live in a way where you’re constantly turned on — by yourself, as well as by your partner, your work, your mission, your creativity, your friendships, and your life in general; where you’re deeply connected to your body, your senses, your desires and the present moment...
But this awakening of your sensuality is not something that can be done by reading a book or listening to a podcast. This is something that must be felt, experienced, and integrated into your being, using the full breadth of your body, mind and soul...
As you peel back the layers, the movement helps to embed and integrate everything you unearth into your self, your psyche and your body so that you can take this (remembered) wisdom with you as you go about your day-to-day life.
All it takes is your awareness and a willingness to drop back into the flow of the feminine in your body.
... Quite literally, you’ll be reclaiming your ‘sexy’ through dance.
IT'S ABOUT OPENING YOUR BODY TO EXPLORE, INTEGRATE AND EXPRESS BOTH THE MASCULINE & FEMININE ASPECTS OF YOURSELF.
This unique embodiment practice uses movement to calm your mind and get back into your body, so you can drop into deeper levels of pleasure and presence, and unravel decades of social programming, baggage, and suffering.
Essentially, it helps you come home to your true self – fully embodied, awake, sensual, and deeply connected to your own wisdom, beauty and power. Shiva Shakti Dance
WITHIN EACH OF US, THERE’S A DIVINE POLARITY:
Stillness and movement,
Structure and flow,
Witnessing and feeling,
Masculine and feminine,
Shiva & Shakti
When we are expressing our full selves these 2 aspects combine in a devotional erotic dance, each honouring the other & each enchanted by the others presence.
Most of us spend our whole lives only cultivating one aspect — the masculine — and severely undervaluing our feminine nature.
Thousands of years of cultural programming have taught us that our feminine qualities are less valuable. In a million different ways, since the day we were born, we have been told that the traits that come so naturally to us as women (like sensitivity, intuition, nurturance, sensuality, wildness, and emotional expressiveness) are not as ‘valuable’ or ‘desirable’ as masculine traits like ambition, efficiency and assertiveness.
This has left many women feeling numb to their feminine nature – unsure of what it is or how to express it, uncomfortable with their sexuality, and with an ever-growing feeling that something is out of balance and unfulfilled in their heart, their body and their life.
Who is this type of dance for?
Devotional Erotic Dance is for ALL women , of ALL shapes, sizes, cultural backgrounds, religious beliefs & sexual orientations & no previous dance experience is necessary
You can wear whatever you’d normally wear to a dance or yoga class. (Some women eventually prefer to dance in sensual clothing, but tights and a T-shirt are totally fine too!)
And rest assured: though we will be awakening our sexual energy and dancing it through our bodies, you do not have to get naked, or do anything you don’t want to.
All that is required is the courage to show up and the willingness to transform your life –
even if there’s a butterfly or ten squirming in your belly. (Nervous jitters are practically a prerequisite!)
Women practice Devotional Erotic Dance for many reasons :
- To reinvigorate their relationship & reawaken sexual attraction with their partner
- To relieve stress, get out of their heads & relax back into themselves.
- To reconnect with their body ( after busyness & stress, illness, an eating disorder, a break up or jusy years of estrangment from their physical self. )
- To rediscover their desires, sensuality & sexual self after being a mum
- To feel juiced up, vital & feminine as they cross the threshold into menopause
- To become deeply intimate with themselves while they’re single, connecting to a sense of innate fullness & wholeness ( & if desired , then attracting an equally whole partner)
- To experience a radically embodied approach to spirituality, sexuality & relationships.
- And of course some women come to simply learn how to feel epic love & pleasure moving through their body- for themselves, for their partners & for the sheer joy of it!
It's Important to know that .....
The Sexual Sovereignty Retreat is for women only.
This is a safe, sacred space, and your comfort is our highest priority. (And the sisterhood vibe? Next-level amazing!)
No prior dance experience is required.
Many women have never danced before they walk into the studio.
You do not need to be in an intimate relationship to benefit immensely.
(Though many women have been known to magnetise their life partners shortly after connecting with this practice!)
You don’t need to dance naked, or do anything you don’t want to do.
We know the best way to naturally expand and grow is to have very clear personal boundaries in place. You will never be forced or coerced to do anything you don’t want to. Nor made to feel bad or that ‘you’re just resisting / closed / blocked / unspiritual’ if you choose to draw the line at some point. We provide the practices that can take you deep, but you choose your own adventure. Healthy boundaries all the way!
In Devotional Erotic Dance, by fusing ancient spiritual philosophy with modern science and a keen awareness of the everyday stresses on the modern woman, Devotional Erotic Dance can transform many different parts of your life, including:
- YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR INTIMATE PARTNER :
It can be very confusing when the passion you used to feel for your partner seems to fizzle out — or worse when you start feeling energetically repulsed by the person you know you love. Shiva Shakti Dance can help you understand and restore the sexual polarity, freshness, and curiosity that allows you to rekindle that attraction, reignite the torch of sexual passion, and evolve your relationship to a new level.
- YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR BODY :
Hunched shoulders, stiff neck, tight hips... So many women feel a sense of separation between themselves and their body. Devotional dance teaches you how to be completely anchored in the present moment – connected to your physical being from head to toe, relaxed in your body, and free from the shackles of your mind’s endless chatter.
- YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH SEXUALITY AND PLEASURE :
Many women believe that their lack of fulfilment in the bedroom is something that they just have to accept; that they’re simply not wired for pleasure. That’s a straight out lie — pleasure is the birthright of every woman. By learning how to sensitise, cultivate and circulate sexual energy through your body, every woman can awaken to the natural waves of pleasure and love pulsing through her.
The effects don’t stop there, of course. Transformation in any one of these areas spills out into the rest of your life – to your work, your family, your friendships, your creativity, everything. This practice transforms the way you show up and feel in each moment, which means that your life, as a whole, becomes more vibrant, delightful and fulfilling.
"I’ll have what she’s having!"
Something that speaks volumes to the shift that our Devoted Erotic Dancers experience is this: we’ve had multiple women book into our courses and workshops because they SAW another woman moving so radiantly and sensually, that they simply had to ask her what on earth she’d been doing to be feeling so free.
Like a light that’s suddenly been flicked on high beam, the transformation in our women is remarkable, illuminating, and undeniable to all around them.
ARE YOU READY TO AWAKEN THE SENSUAL WOMAN WITHIN?